Congratulations on your engagement!
If you are thinking of getting married in Church we are here to help you. A Church wedding is an ancient tradition and there are some things about a church wedding that you can't get elsewhere. Church buildings are beautiful, serene places where people have made promises to each other, before God, for generations.
Which Church can I get married in?
If you live in a parish or village where the church is you are automatically entitled to get married in that church. If you have a connection with the church you would like to marry in such as:
- Bride or Groom has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least six months.
- Bride or Groom was baptized in the parish
- Bride or Groom was prepared for confirmation in the parish, and was confirmed.
- Bride or Groom has at any time habitually gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of 6 months.
- Any of your parents, at any time during your lifetime has habitually gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- Any of your parents, at any time during your lifetime has lived in the parish for a period of at least six months.
- Any of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish
then you can get married in that church.
What if none of these apply to us?
If you do not have an existing connection you can create one by attending worship at the Church for at least six months before the marriage. Please speak to us and we can give you all the information you need.
Does it matter if one or both of us are divorced?
Not necessarily, but you will need to talk to the Priest in Charge before the wedding can be booked to show them your Decree Absolute. Please contact our admistrator.
How much does it cost?
The cost varies each year but here is a rough guide:
Cost of Church and Priest to officate - £500.00
Cost of verger (assistant to priest) - £50
Heating cost - ONLY applies October to April - £100
Bells - £160
Organist - £150
Flowers - this would need to be discussed with the Church Flower Coordinator
What should I do now?
If you would like to enquire about the possibility of marrying in one of our Churches please contact our Administrator Claire: